View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 06:43 PM   #4
ccc6588

Default Re:Opening/Closing in Cold Weather

Quote:
I wondering how the TM holds up as far as opening in cold weather, e.g. -20 to -30 Is it not advisable? I'm wondering if the upholstery that folds over the couch and bed area would crack. If it snowed during the night, would the heated TM ice up the snow on top. I realize that the snow would have to be brushed off.

For example if I decided to drive down to Texas in the Winter - I might leave in Feb. and it might be very cold. Would I have to stay in a hotel until I got to warmer weather?

Remember, there are no stupid questions.
John
If you decide not to get a hotel in really cold weather, at the minimal I would suggest having electrical blankets. My virgin trip was on a very windy day with temperatures in the 40's (F). Although the TM has great insulating potential due the polystyrene inherent in the design (polystyrene is an excellent insulator), the cold seeps through the gaps around the bed. I don't know how to weather proof these areas so I would suggest sleeping on the sofa bed with a nice electrical blanket.

Others may have ways to fill the gaps. Summer camping has been great and the insulation is great even on the hottest days.