View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 06:21 AM   #11
rockerga

Default Sway Bars Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by grlewis1
I also own the 2006 2720SL model and had the 600 lb Equal-i-lizer hitch installed. The only problem I had with this installation was the sway bars. I mounted the trailer bracket just before the emergency brake sensor, so it would not interfere with that function. The sway bars however was one inch too long and would hit the slide out bolts on the trailer. I took the sway bars to a machine shop and had one inch trimmed off. The hitch now works perfectly. You will truly love this hitch the first time an 18 wheeler passes you at 80 miles an hour... Your rig will be rock steady on the road....
I have the exact problem. I went to adjust my Equal-i-Zer hitch properly this passed weekend and could not due to the sway bars were too long and interacted with the trailer slide-out bolts! I dropped the adjustment at the hitch one notch instead hoping to have the same effect. I have not driven it however and it is in my backyard so in an unlevel position but I am hoping the TM rides level and that is the fix. Other than that I will have to have my bars cut also.