View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 08:03 PM   #4
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by campinman View Post
We are in Simi Valley. Thank you for your response. It is very hard to compare price with this Trailer brand because of the scarce availability. To compare, I've also found a used 2001 3023 for $9900. We need sleeping arrangements for my wife and I (queen bed) and two growing boys. Looking at the floorplan for the 3023, I wonder how adequate the "couch bed" will be for a teenager.
Another question I have is if a four bike rack is installed in the back, should I make sure it has the "anti-sway" device? (I'm not really sure what this is)
and if any local RV dealer could install this.
Also, as a side point, I called CustomRV in Anaheim, they said they don't have anyone at this time that could install the "swing away" hitch after market.

Thanks for all the great information.
A sway bar is a fairly simple and inexpensive device. You won't know if you need one until you actually tow the trailer with the bikes on the back. I would say that it is unlikely that you would need one. Often times one can distribute the weight of items stored inside the trailer while towing to compensate for the weight of the bikes on the rear.

As long as the trailer tows level and you keep the tongue weight between 10-15% of the total trailer weight, you should be OK. TMs have a lot of tongue weight in their design because the axle is mounted farther back than most PU trailers (in fact any that I have seen). This makes the trailer follow very well with no sway.