View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 06:57 AM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I'll toss in a couple answers, and let others handle the rest.

2) Re heat - most of us carry a small electric cube heater (1500 watts) for use when AC power is available. It doesn't have to be big or fancy or elaborate or expensive, but it should have a built-in fan to circulate the air, and it ought to have an auto shutoff if it tips over. Something like this ought to do it.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...105&lpage=none
I'm not aware of any factory options on the furnace.

3a) LCD TV - We carried a small CRT TV for a few years, and set it up on the counter, above the refrig. It took up too much space, so we got an LCD flat panel TV, and set it up in the same place. It is better, but still takes up too much space. To put a bracket on the wall, you would have to use one of the same flat brackets that are used to hang the over-sink cabinet. You can get the brackets from the factory, but you would have to cobble up an adapter to attach the bracket to the back of the TV. Finally, I am in the process of making up a simple bracket that will hang the TV from the edge of the over-sink cabinet, facing the sofa. If it works out, I'll post pictures.

3b) I can't think of any place where you could permanently mount a microwave, unless you gave up one of the cabinets to the right of the oven, and then squatted down to use it. I'm not sure the cabinetry is strong enough to hold it - you would probably have to add some bracing.

By the way, the optional over-sink cabinet is quite handy for lightweight items. There is also an optional cabinet over the stove, now. These should help alleviate your concerns considerably.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote