View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004, 10:29 PM   #3
Windbreaker

When I got my 2720 I had a Dodge Dakota PU 4x4. TM, Dodge folks and many others said all would be fine. We took it out once. Found that the trailer was driving the truck not the driver. We moved to a full size truck.

Having said that and you know where I'm coming from both the weights you listed for your TV sound way out of line for anything TM offers to me. A plain jane 2619 might work on the total weight but you would still be over on the hitch weight. The reason I say this is that my (modified 2720) is over 500 lbs. hitch weight. It is set up for backcountry camping with two large batteries, two gas tanks, plus the AC in front of the axle.

Don't forget that into the GCWR you have to add a full tank of fuel, all cargo and passangers.

In short from a very personal point of view I would not try it. I know many folks who pull with an older Aerostar and love it, I wouldn't do it. Two new to towing and just too unsure of both myself and the TV/Trailer combined.

You might be able to do it but I would not risk the life of my family members and strangers on the road with me on that combo. Sorry.