View Single Post
Old 08-27-2020, 12:01 PM   #7
DRanger

Love the help and thanks for that diagram. I had been staring at the diagram that came with the switch itself and not at any TM diagrams. Should have thought of that.

I do have a new switch and it did come with long wires for the application. I want to know exactly what is broken before I just hook in the new wires, though.

I did hear back from TM and it was suggested that this might be covered under warranty. But it was just a maybe at this point and no recommendation of a local shop yet. IMO it was my own fault that the wires pulled and so I find this very generous of them. On the other hand, I am also starting to wonder if I ever had correct breakaway operation. If and when I find the root cause I should know more, so I'll do my best to follow these suggestions. Thanks again.

-----

Went out on my lunch break and traced the wires to behind the fridge. No wire nuts but clamps instead. Voltage coming from ... 12v distribution panel? on these lines is not present. I am getting 12v on the fridge but that appears to come from a different line source. I am suspecting a fuse but I don't know where it is ... yet.