View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #6
MudDog
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrimpBurrito View Post
You can also modify your Honda to run on propane. That way, it will never smell, AND you won't have to carry a can of gas, either. You simply hook up one of your propane tanks on the TM, and you are good to go. And although I do not have a genny, it is my understanding that when you do convert it, you can still operate it on gas. Others here who have done this can comment.

Something like this:
http://www.propane-generators.com/eu2000i_kits.htm

If I was taking a genny camping, this is what I would do.

Dave
I have the Honda 2000i and installed a tri-fuel conversion kit a couple of years ago. It allows the generator to run on gasoline, propane or natural gas. Since the conversion I have run it once on gasoline (to make sure it still worked on gas) - the rest of the time I have run on propane. The propane is real clean, I can switch tanks without worrying about spilling fuel and it's easier on the carb than gasoline.

On also like the idea of being able to run on natural gas at home should their ever be an extended power outage.

Since I installed the solar, I haven't used the genny much.

Only downside is the regulator (currently attached to the generator access door cover per original instructions, but as suggested on another thread could be moved to hang off the tank instead).

My original post on tri-fuel conversion was here

--jim
Prodigy Brake Controller/TST TPMS
15" Maxxis M8008 225/75R15
Honda EU2000i (Tri-Fuel Converted)
160W Solar/Morningstar Sunsaver MPPT
Xantrex Link-Lite & ProWatt SW2000 Inverter

Current:
2016 KZ Vision 23BHS
2015 Ford F150 SuperCrew 3.5 EcoBoost
MudDog is offline   Reply With Quote