View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 06:41 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

A few quick points.

1. Norcold, not Norwood
2. The refrig is vented, assuming you mean getting the heat out of the rear compartment. The compartment has a length of dryer hose running vertically, top to bottom. It is open at the top. At the bottom, the hose is terminated in a fan that exhausts downward through a screened opening in the floor. The heated air is sucked down through the hose and out of the compartment. The switch for the fan is on the apron in front of the refrigerator. It works well.
3. I'm not sure I would consider it a design flaw. The issue is that one of the wires connecting to the mode switch has a push-on connector that comes loose. To fix it, you pull the refrig forward a couple of inches (I know, it is annoying) to get access to the back of the switch. One by one, you pull each wire off the switch, squish the connector a little bit with pliers, and put it back where you got it.
4. The digital display uses a small amount of current, but very small. The 12-volt charge line from your tow vehicle easily provides charge current to make up for it. If you find that it discharges the battery as you travel, it is possible that your 12-volt charge line is not connected.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote