View Single Post
Old 05-30-2017, 11:43 AM   #8
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Got an AirDream Queen XL mattress, first time out was this weekend. It's an inflatable/inner spring mattress, made to replace sofa bed mattresses. Takes all of ~-45 seconds to inflate, deflates about as fast. Fits perfectly in the tray, and stays there with a blanket on top when I close my shells.

More comfortable than any other solution I've tried, yet. Only negative (and this may be an issue with my mattress and/or desire to over-inflate) is that by the next night it wasn't as super-firm as I like it, so 10 seconds of pump and it's back to my preference. I can reach the port from the hall without taking down the bathroom, so I just leave the pump plugged in on the floor next to the stool I use to get into the bed. Simple night-time top-off, and I'm a happy camper!

Note: If you like a softer feel, you may not even notice. We did, but we like our mattresses on the firmer side, without the squishy or poofy toppers that have become very popular.

So far, very happy. Will report back if this changes. This is the 4th or 5th different solution we've tried overall.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote