View Single Post
Old 11-20-2022, 10:20 AM   #4
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Deb - I'm curious about which opening in the bumper you are referring to. With the cord coiled up in the left bumper compartment, I simply pull out as much as I need over the top of the compartment, lay it over the bumper, and drop the plastic bumper cover back into place. The cover won't latch on the left end, of course, but when latched only on the right end, it seems secure, even in the wind.

Perhaps this is what you meant, and I misunderstood.

Bill
Thanks for that story Bill! You make an extremely good point!!! I had 30' of cord through a mouse hole on my old Bigfoot trailer, and 30' of 50A cord (the Anaconda!!) in a compartment in my old GMC motorhome, and never had a problem coiling the cord out of or back into it's little hidey hole. I'm heading over to the storage yard this afternoon to deal with that shower hose issue and close her up (finally!!) for the winter. I'll take a closer look at the power cord set-up and see exactly what is there. But Yes - I have the cover of the bumper compartment open at the left end in order to access the power cord.

I'll take a picture of exactly what is there before I fold her all up. Perhaps the power cord is pushed back into a space behind the divider between the bumper and the power panel and I am just not aware of it. I have been plugging in a separate 30A 25' cord to that power plug, thinking I only have about 3' of cord available. Wasn't interested in trying to pull out a cord that wasn't going to move. Figured the last thing I needed to do was bugger up the incoming power at the panel! I'll have a good look in there today.

Only had it and used it for 4 days on the drive home from Manitoba before I parked her and went back to major house repairs. It wasn't the greatest summer!