View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 07:47 PM   #5
live4fun

I appreciate the dialogue and seeing the nice installations you’d done. Both of you guys are living in sunny CA with a lot fewer 80ft Oak, eastern pine, hemlock, and leafy trees around you at all the time. My acre lot alone only has a 1/5 of it in full sun a day and that’s not where my vehicles and TM are parked. Our southeastern campgrounds are no different mostly being close to water and a big beautiful over-story of trees. I am wondering if you were faced with not consistently having full sun morning to evening, you would have chosen the same fixed, rooftop location. I agree with you that its a hassle to move panels around, but its also not fun hauling out the 45# generator (and carrying throughout your trip) when the panels haven’t charged the batteries sufficiently when you thought they would).
I am glad to hear about the screwless application, and I haven’t totally written off having the panels located on the rear shell either, but once I fix them up there, I’m wondering how much sun I will receive when I’m off the road and into the shade? Even when I’m beaching camping in FL, the campsite vegetation can be thick or you swelter in the sun and high humidity. I thank you for your candidness and the discussion. Kurt
live4fun is offline   Reply With Quote