View Single Post
Old 08-01-2016, 12:47 AM   #17
[email protected]
BannedUsers

Thumbs up Maxxis YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterOC View Post
I'm due for new tires. Sounds like these Load Rated D tires are an upgrade from the Load Rated C Goodyear Marathons I have currently.

What's the consensus: Does going up a Load Rating give you more margin from a blowout? I really want to stay as far away from blowouts as possible (I'm leaning towards Maxxis tires due to their reputation). However, would Taskmaster D's be better? Different kind of better?

I don't need the extra load carrying capability, but would sure like the extra margin from a supposedly stronger tire.

Any common wisdom here?
I love my Maxxis tires and since I have gone to them I have had no issues what so ever. Definitely go to a higher load range and if you go beyond 65 psi, you will need new rims that can handle higher pressure as well. You'll pay a bit more for the Maxxis...but isn't less worry worth it? I always buy the road hazard warranty at Discount tires. It's paid off more times than I can remember. For $35 if anything happens you get a new tire....so if one of my Maxxis tires goes wonky, I get a $140 tire mounted and balanced for $35! Not a bad deal and Discount tires are all over the country too!

Tom ....loves his 16" Maxxis load range "E" tires
lnt123@att.net is offline   Reply With Quote