View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 08:47 AM   #5
rich2468
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrish2922 View Post
Hey everyone. New owner here.

We purchased the 2922KB to be as simple to open and close as what the videos show, we have found that it take quite a bit of effort. Simply waking up to the unit an disengaging the lever is almost impossible with using foot bar and bouncing the unit while another person forces it open. The lever is real tight on one side against the bracket/bar but the other side has way more space. I would like to review the order of opening/closing. Does someone have this listed? my dealer is 3-1/2 hours away so it is not an option. We are hoping the frame isn't out of whack. I have pictures
Hi Gerrish,
When we purchased our new 2922KB in August 2020 (a 2021 year model), the torsion bar settings were so tight that we had to use a 2x4 board as a lever through the foot hold area to shut the TrailManor.

I simply could not apply enough downward weight for the latch to catch consistently...and my wife never could.

The torsion bars were set that way (in my opinion) to make it as easy as possible for the TrailManor to open (as most people can't lift near as much weight as they can push down).

We used a length of 2x4 about 3 feet long for probably a year to help get enough leverage to easily close our TrailManor shells. Later, when needing to access the TrailManor's spare tire (underneath), I found it extremely helpful to have a long board to use for leverage with that- as well.

The torsion bars will wear with time and use. You will have to decide if you want to return to your dealer and have them loosen them (an easy, but very specific process) or if you'd like tackle that task yourself or if you want to use a lever to assist in closing until the torsion bars wear on their own.

I'm sure that the process to adjust the torsion bars are here on the Owners Forum (but I don't know off the top of my head the exact post).

Rich

420Ah LiFePO4 battery bank, kilowatt solar, 3K Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter, DC-to-DC Charger, Sealand 711-M28 toilet, Maxxis 8008 Load Rated E
rich2468 is offline   Reply With Quote