View Single Post
Old 08-25-2020, 11:43 AM   #18
DRanger

I have a '20 2720 QB with swingtongue. I have installed a Fastway e2 trunion WDH with sway control. This WDH solved the problem of the swingtongue hinge interference. The recommended installation distance between the coupler and the WDH trunion support attachments is 31" which puts them comfortably between the swingtongue hinges and the propane support crossbeam. (This is the main reason I am posting about them - that they fit within the complications added by the swingtongue.)

I had to lower the trunion supports one notch below recommended initial installation point to ensure the trunions did not interfere with the swingtongue hinge pins. In spite of this I have been able to get my WDH setup to correctly work for two different tow vehicles:
2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4WD
2020 GMC Sierra Crew Cab AT4 4WD (yay! i upgraded)

The Fastway e2 trunion WDH comes in at least three different max load options. I went with middle-of the road 800 lb max tongue weight, 8000 lb max trailer weight. 600/6000 and 1000/10000 are also options.

I've been happy with the WDH so far. But I did manage to pull my breakaway braking wires out of the breakaway switch housing when opening the swingtongue. I believe the wire harness caught on the WDH trunion supports which prevented it from moving as the tongue moved.
DRanger is offline   Reply With Quote