View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Poor maintenance, water leaks, level roofs, interior and exterior damage, appliances in working order, tires, axles, wheel bearings, all electrical components, fabrics, bed coverings, overall appearance, etc, etc.

I purchased a 9 year old unit less than 12 months ago. It was a one owner and kept under a carport. Since I had owned a TM previously, I knew what to look for during inspection. The electrical components and appliances are generally a standard RV item, so you can feel some comfort that they can be replaced in your local area. The TM specific components like roofs, lifting arms, lower living compartment, aluminum features, are more difficult to locate and can be expensive to replace. Ask lots of question of the seller, no question is a dumb one unless not asked. Ask the seller to demonstrate all features to the exterior and interior. All components can be demo'd using the 12v or 110v connections. Refridgerator can be chilled overnight and demo'd. Same for hot water heater, furnace, etc. The AC requires more set up than most can do at their home. Take note of the bath facilities, commode, sewer connections, etc.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote