View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 06:17 AM   #14
lnussbau

Bill, Leon and Bill have pretty much covered it, but one more thing about your item 2: When we picked our TM up at The Car Show in Colorado Springs, they insisted on showing us everything before we towed it away. It actually took about two hours for them to go over opening, closing, setup tricks, practice for us in setting up and taking down, and question-and-answer, along with checking that everything works, from pressing the button on the TV antenna amplifiers to all the latches. The lady doing the instruction was perhaps a little more than 122 lbs, but not a lot, and she could set up the whole thing in short order (watched her doing it at an RV show in high heels, too).

I'd strongly suggest you insist on a similar session, if they don't offer it themselves.

Also, opening and closing the shells, along with swinging the door out to let yourself in only takes a minute or two, once you've practiced. You don't have to do a FULL setup (walls up, cabinet placed, etc.) to get in and add last minute food or clothing.

On item 4, at most campsites we've been to, the scissor jacks are more than adequate for leveling, though we carry along some blocks of wood for times when the site is more of a problem.

And, my 2720SL with the swingaway hitch and low profile air conditioner fits in my garage for storage.