View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
2bcs1jrt

We have 2 border collies and a Jack Russell. We do Agility with the BCs. That is the primary reason for the TM. We have a 1996 2518 which used to be their smallest model (no longer made). We moved up from a bare bones tent trailer. Bought our TM from a fellow Agility competitor who moved up to a larger model. They had 3 or 4 BCs an a corgi in there. We have the beds on each end. It's a little tricky to walk around with the dogs on the floor. We usually make them hop up on the front bed where their crates are to keep them from being under foot.
We tow with a 1999 Astro. I'd say we tow around 4000lbs fully loaded and use a weight distribution hitch. Most of our trials are in California so not a lot of mountain driving.
My husband travels with me so thats 2 adults and 3 dogs (so far). I would go for a larger model if I had a choice. The folks we bought from went to a 2720 SL and tow with a Sienna. In a perfect world, Id go even larger still and tow with a full size van., but alas, this is not a perfect world and I still love my TM. As far as set up, I do it all while he walks the dogs.
Good Luck!
Cheri