View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 01:28 PM   #33
mntlblok

Default Palomino Mustang XL

OK. You guys have scared me out of trying to tow a Trailmanor with a minivan. I've gone back to taking a look at the various A-frames. Certainly no towing problems there. But, there *is* a huge difference in inside space.

You've also convinced me that I don't want to deal with popups when it rains. Next question. What do you know about the Palomino Mustang XL? It seems to be *mostly* hard-sided, but the "bed end" extensions still look to be soft.

I'm wondering if it has some of the same advantages as the Trailmanor as far as "stopping for lunch". I don't know anything about how the "bed ends" work on popups, but it looks like you could maybe stop for lunch and raise the sides without having to deal with the soft ends. And, it looks like maybe it might not be a problem setting up in the rain. Taking down may be a different story.

And, I wonder about this sort of possible addition from another forum:

>>>>>
I just read this on RV Business and wanted to pass it on. Very interesting...

Dutchmen Manufacturing Co. Inc.'s Aerolite Division has teamed up with top-of-the-line tent and outdoor mattress manufacturer Cascade Designs Inc., Seattle, Wash., to create a Therm-a-Rest self-erecting, all-weather tent extension. The product is available as a $1,200 option on Aerolite Cub and Kodiak hybrid trailers. The Therm-a-Rest tent extension debuted this week at the 43rd Annual National RV Trade Show at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, Ky. Each tent extension, made from Super-Tech polyester fabric with heat-sealed seams, features a self-inflating insulated outdoor mattress with a pillow top cover. "Once you open the door, it automatically pops open and sets up by itself," said marketing manger Joe Hosinski. "It is highly weatherproof," he added. "It's a full, outdoor extreme-weather tent."
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fu...d/16633217.cfm
>>>>>>

What little I can find in the various forums about the Mustang XL suggests that the price might be quite reasonable, but I can't find any actual quotes. Looks like the nearest dealer is 4 hours away.

It looks like it weighs enough less than a Trailmanor to make it predictably towable with a minivan with a WDH. What think you guys?

Kevin
Savannah