Thread: Some Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 04:24 PM   #10
DoubleT

Thumbs up

We are on our second TM first was a 2008 2619. Really a great unit. We wanted a little bigger foot print inside, so we purchased a 2014 2720 front slide with the couch vs the queen bed up front. Ours is Silver Trail in fact one the first off the line. Ours is the one seen in the TM ad being towed by a silver Nissin SUV. I tow with a 2012 Toyota Double Cab with 4.6 V8 with tow Package. I can still get 16-17 mpg if I drive it like you should. I sold my 2619 3 weeks ago and the owner had a nice Dodge Diesel and he said he could not feel it going Home! He was used to towing a Silver Streak so big difference.

As far as the Kayak have you thought about a rack that mounts over he bed of the truck? I would be concerned about the weight on the shell and the torsion bar.

Smells in the toilet We found on the internet a product called Happy Camper. Its a granular product that you add as you charge the toilet. Works great only take a small amount. We have tested it in the Hot summers in Texas and across the south. NO ODORS!

If your are looking to have space for friends I would recommend a model with to full size beds. Don't know how comfortable the dinette conversion is.

Don't know how far you want to travel for a new model but the best price I found anywhere is Go Play RV in Flint Texas(just south of Tyler) No one could come close to the deal I got there.

Good Luck on your search and keep us posted on the Hunt!
TV 2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab 4.6 V-8 w/Tow Pkg
Air Bags, Swing Hitch
DoubleT is offline   Reply With Quote