Thread: Some Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 10:58 AM   #3
Padgett
TrailManor Master

1) A tandem axle 3326 King could work if the other couple is under 6' (front bed might be able to be extended). I suspect it would need to be specially built since not in the current catalog see here.. Interior space woud be similar to a 34' airstream
2) I use a plain cordless 1/2" drill for my levelers and the awning.
3) Rack for kayaks would be possible on the front module but should be removed before raising. May also require retuning of the torsion bars. (No big)
4) Major options are combination microwave instead of oven, roof A/C (haven't seen one without) though the electric heater is an option, swing hitch, and various hanging cabinets. On a new one there are also some paint and trim options.
4) I always find a nice used one of almost anything to begin with and find out what I really want.
5) Several have exchanged the recirculating toilet for a cassette model that uses the same dump lines. It is said that with proper additives, odor is not an issue.

Major advantage to the folding TM is the dramatically reduced frontal area when towing at Interstate speeds. There is little increased aerodynamic drag and most loading is the result of the additional mass.