Thread: Some Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #2
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I had a 31 foot airstream. It seemed to me the deprecation was stiff on a new one. About 50% in the first 5 years. Maybe times have changed.

I would not think you would get and increase, but with that large TV, I would expect maybe a 2 mpg hit. We tow with a V6 and being a small engine we take a larger hit around 4 mpg.

Our TM tows good. Tracks well, never has swayed. It's like when I went from a 27 ft leaf spring TT to the 31' AS. You know it back there because of the weight, but it stays where it should be.

Axles, I don't think the axles are and issue. The older models they ran axles that were near max GW, but somewhere around 2010 I think they changed to stronger axles.

Yes get the electric jack with the camper or after you get it.

stabilizers: Most owners just use an 18v cordless drill and put about a 1/4 allan wrench in the chuck. Works great. One of our trip we had it up and down 8 times and never needed a re-charge. Another trip I need a drill and it was handy having the cordless drill.

Toilet: we don't notice with the re-circulation toilet any more smell then we had in any other camper. But many people have been getting the Cassette toilet. Which we did have in a popup and we thought it was the best toilet we ever had in any camper, because of the ease of dumping. So if you order a TM look at the cassette.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote