Thread: Some Questions
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
davidvscott

Default Some Questions

I have read most of the posts and I am leaning toward the TM. I had previously owned a 34 ft. Airstream and it was just too big. I have a 3/4 ton Ram diesel so pulling it was not an issue, but it just wasn't practical. There were places where it simply didn't fit. I also did not like loosing 10 to 12 mpg when pulling it. My wife saw a TM, looked it up on the internet and we both liked what we saw.

I have read about the good and bad aspects of the trailer posted. The big difference now is that, assuming this trailer comes close to its claimed 1 mpg increase when towing, we would be using the trailer a lot more than we did the Airstream. I do not expect for a TM to be like an Airstream. The Airstream is a hell of a RV trailer, it is also damned expensive - even used.

Here are the conclusions I have come to and I would appreciate comments:

1. I want a larger version as we want to have the ability to take another couple with us.

2. It is easy to tow.

3. It seems that the best thing to do is to buy a new trailer and spec it out - even though it appears that the TM does not hold its value as well as the Airstream.

4. I want to make sure that I get the heavy axel and suspension system as well as the electric jack. I assume the TM does not come with electric levelers. (that is not a big deal - Airstream had them and they worked half the time - a friend suggested that I get a cordless impact wrench)

5. I am going to have to figure out a way to avoid the odor, besides not pooping in the potty.

And lastly three questions. How long is the longest anyone as kept the same TM? Is there optional equipment that is a must? Could two kayak be carried on top of the TM when in trail mode?

Dave Scott

Sunny Side of Louisville (Indiana side of the Ohio)