View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 05:12 AM   #16
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlindstrand View Post
Thanks again, I think I will have to adjust torsion bars. The latches though, I'm talkin about the ones when its open. They are silver and you swing them up into a little notch, I could only get 3 of the 4 into the notch, I didn't want to force those, any advice on getting those secured?
Ok, I understand now. Sometimes you have to move the shell a bit, push/pull on the lifting arm closest to the silver bar to align the pin with the hole. You may have to push in/pull out on the shell a little. If it is to far off, this will be in the fore/aft direction there is an adjustment behind the plastic cover on the lifting arm closest to the bar giving you the problem. It is called a pocket stop and is used to limit the lift arm travel in the vertical position. There is a procedure for adjusting this in the tech section; from what I remember you make the adjustment with the shell in the closed position. Only make small adjustments. You will be moving a bolt in or out and it has a locking or jam nut to keep the bolt from turning. TM has a name for the bar also.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote