View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 05:28 PM   #4
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Good advice above. Let me expand a bit.

As you know, the water heater's inside switch controls the gas heating element. It has no effect on the electric heating element. When you first turn the inside switch on, the red light beside it lights up. This red light indicates "Trying to Light". When the gas burner has properly lit, the red light goes off. At that point, leave the switch on if you want to use gas to heat the water.

I am sure you have read enough to know that you must never turn on either heating element when the water heater is empty - that is, when it is not filled with water.

You can heat water with electric or propane or both - your choice.

As for the dump station question. You didn't tell us what year/model TM you have. Why don't you add it to your signature line? I can tell you that I had a 2002 TM, with the diamond-plate steel cover over the back bumper compartment. Now I have a 2006 TM, with the gray plastic cover over the bumper compartment. Both of these covers are removable without opening the TM. You may have to release the two rear corner latches to ease the pressure on the cover, but then the cover will slide off and give access to the sewer hose compartment.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote