View Single Post
Old 05-30-2023, 05:54 PM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinandvicki View Post
Hi all. Looking to buy an older 2619 or 2720 but need to know the height for my garage. Can the AC unit be removed to make it fit? My garage door is 6’10”.
You should have no problem unless you have a slope just in front of the garage door. Even then, it would have to be a steep slope.. Factory height is 79" (6'7").

To answer your question: Your A/C unit can be removed but it would be a real chore. To cover the hole, would only be a matter of installing a 14"x14" (standard) roof vent. It would devalue the camper (a lot). Besides, it's probably not necessary.

Having said that, some owners have installed a "Lift kit" and 15" wheels on their TMs which can increase the height some. Most lift kits are 2.5" and the tires will add 1/2". In that case, total height would be 6'10". A few owners have installed even taller lift kits but they are rare.

Here is what to look for on the rear axle. That square, 13" long, black tube is a 2.5" lift on my older 2004 2720SL. At the time, my garage door was 6'10" and my wife had to push the door up a little to keep it from scraping on the A/C unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03507.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	22057