Thread: "Y"....Why not?
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 07:12 AM   #7
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
I have considered doing the "long pipe" mod... But I also own a tote... But have never used it. Seems like a gigantic hassle. Does anyone have "step" pictures or diagrams of the long pipe mod? Also here's another silly Q.. How is it employed? Let the recerc get mostly full, pull the handle. Then re"charge" it?
I didn't do it, but that's my understanding. The recirc requires the liquid to function, so you wait until it's full, then "dump" into the pipe and recharge. Depending on the additional pipe capacity, you may be able to dump a second time, and recharge, before needing to actually empty the whole system. Obviously, in this case you'd want to make sure you had a port near the "top" of the extra pipe to be able to flush the pipe out, as you're not going to be able to rely on the "whoosh".

There are some threads somewhere on the board about this, but I don't know if anyone posted pictures. From what I recall, the consensus was "there's only one way to run the pipe, it'll be obvious once you crawl under and look". Obviously make sure there's some drop in the pipe as you go.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote