View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
Keith Wire
TrailManor Master

Default Screws in the bottom of Battery case

Hi all,

I just started checking out our '07 TM2720SL before we take it out for the first time, never got a chance last fall... I had the battery on charge, on a timer through the winter months and I thought I should check the water levels. Well, the water levels were OK, but I found something that disturbs me.

The battery in the 2720SL is in the back compartment and inside the plastic box. I noticed that the screen covering the bottom vent hole was only covering half of the hole so I took out the battery and the bottom box. Under the box there were five screws poking up from the bottom of the camper into the bottom of the plastic battery box. Four of them were the screws that attach the Electric cable box to the bottom of the trailer, and the other was for a cable strap. These screws were over 1" long and the battery case was riding on them instead of setting flat on the metal. It wouldn't take very many miles for them to poke through the case, then the battery!!!

Fortunately, I found it before any serious damage was done. I fixed it by using 3/16" pop-rivets from the inside.

I have been pretty pleased with the workmanship on the camper until now. That was a terrible design, and implimentation.

Keith
Keith Wire is offline   Reply With Quote