View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 12:15 PM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralcruze View Post
Thank you for your reply wavery. I actually have a picture if the weld on mine. Someone decided to actually do a good job and welded the whole plate on the side as you can see. I am going to assume that there is another weld on the other side of the plate on both sides as well.
Ya, my 2005 was just like that. It took some work to grind all of that weld off of the frame to have a smooth surface for the spacer to sit on. It is welded on both sides of the mounting bracket on each side of the trailer (4-welds total).

It looks like some of their welders were a little sloppier than others.

I don't remember the bolt size but if I had to guess, I'd say 5/8". If you get your own materials, be sure to drill the spacers on a drill press to keep everything lined up.

I'm going to put spacers on my 2009, even though the axle angle has increased. I still scrape in my driveway and some gas stations. You'll be glad that you did it. It gives you more tire clearance if you want to go to 15" tires at some point too.

By the way....... the link posted above is different from your trailer. That's an older trailer that had brackets welded on the side of the frame. You aren't that lucky.