View Single Post
Old 03-28-2022, 08:17 AM   #2
Wavery
TrailManor Master

As far as the welds and install goes. Here are pics from my install that I did on my 2005 2720SL about 10-years ago. The first pic is from my current trailer (2009 2720SL) that I haven't lifted yet (it's on my to-do-list).

The welds must be cut away in order to lift the frame off of the axle so that you can insert the lift kit with the longer bolts. I used a 4" angle grinder, leather gloves and a face shield to grind away those welds. If I remember correctly, the welds on my 2005 TM went all the way across the frame so don't be surprised if your welds are much larger than the welds in this picture.

The hardest part of the install (for me) was getting my big hands through that oblong hole in the frame to insert and hold the longer bolts. I did not weld in the lift kit. I used red Loctite and double nuts on the bolts. I know that some did have theirs welded.

I didn't buy the TM lift kit. I opted to go to our local steel scrap yard and buy 2, 12" long pieces of 2" tubing (3/16" thick) for the spacers. I thought that the TM tubing was too light weight. I also made crush sleeves out of 1/2" water pipe nipples that I cut to exactly to fit inside the 2" square tubing. The bolts go the through frame > upper hole in 2" spacer > crush sleeve > lower hole in spacer > axle mounting bracket > double nuts. I bought grade 8 bolts & nuts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3609a.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	374.3 KB
ID:	20676   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03507.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	20677   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03508.JPG
Views:	87