View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 10:58 PM   #1
coralcruze

Default lift kit for 2720

I searched the site for install vids or pics of where weld points might be on a 2005 2720 and cant seem to find any. does anyone know if there are any welds on the dexter axle in this model. I need to do a lift kit on it and plan on using the factiry lift kit which I believe is 2" tube with 8" OC bolt holes.

so the whole reason for doing this is I tool the tire off on the door side of the TM and noticed the fender well had a huge hole in it from the tire coming in contact with it. I inspected the other side but it was perfectly fine. so started wondering why this might have occurred. is it possible I have a bad dexter torsion arm on that side? or is it just rough bumpy roads I traveled? I was up at baxter state park in Maine last year which had some rough parts in the campground. but it does seem that the tire had to be rubbing quite a few times to chew up that fender well. thankfully I did not get a blow out but this did deform the tire treads compared to the other side. Anyhow, I wanted to get the lift kit installed to get additional clearance. Hope someone can chime in with any ideas why this may be happening and if I should be concerned that this is a failing torsion arm on the dexter axle or a TM design oversight?
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote