View Single Post
Old 12-24-2003, 09:15 PM   #1
ForensicGoddess

Default New Addition to the family

hi all,
since we have to post at least once not to be deleted, here goes! I used to tent camp. Then I adopted Dobermans. Dobermans + tents + raccoons = disaster.
I have never towed anything, so I decided on a TM. Found out that Custom RV in Anaheim was about 4 blocks from my house! Saw a few and knew that was it. Ended up buying one on ebay. Drove from Anaheim to Irving, TX in May03. Picked it up late evening - not my choice. Got lost on the way to the CG. After that fiasco, I arrived at 11pm. EASY to set up in the dark, first time, no directions.

I did rip out the carpet & put in vinyl tile (& easy clean industrial mats near the entry). no more dirty paws! The "kids" get the front bed and I get the rear. I have a gate type thing so they can't jump up to the rear bed and join me in the middle of the night. Wait, why am I in the "kennel"?

So far, GusGus, Tinkerbell and I have gone to Sequoia Nat'l park for a week and the Morro Bay, CA area for a week. Looking forward to many more trips.

Great tips on this board! and many repairs & upgrades I can do myself....on a budget!

cheers,
forensicgoddess