View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 08:42 PM   #47
mrgoodwx

Since I started this thread, I figured I should report back as to how things worked out. After repeated analysis that was leading to paralysis, we bought a new Toyota 4Runner today.

I finally took my wife with me and when the day began, I still had 4 vehicles in mind: Toyota Highlander, Toyota 4Runner, Nissan Pathfinder, and Honda Ridgeline. Even though the Ridgeline is considered a car by many (unibody on a closed box frame), I have to admit I really liked it. I was ready to buy it but my wife liked the 4Runner (which actually surprised me). Ultimately, I decided I didn't want to give up a "2 speed case" with options for 4H and 4L...so we have that with our new 4Runner. I wasn't certain that the Ridgeline's torque management system would be able to take care of business the way 4L can. As rare as the event may be...when you need it...man...you NEED it!

I want to thank all of you for tossing me your comments and suggestions. They were very helpful. Now...I hope to NOT go through this decision-making process again for another 10 years.

Now that the TV is taken care of...all I have to do is find the right TM 2720. In the mean time, we'll be towing the big pop-up we have until we find the TM.