View Single Post
Old 09-27-2022, 09:10 AM   #7
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowerPower View Post
The screw will screw all the way down but won't hold the cable end. It's the right length and goes into the slot completely so it's a mystery why the screw doesn't tighten down against it.

Trying to resolve this issue I ending up stripping the head. The screw can't be backed out completely. Must have some sort of retaining washer? The controller doesn't open so can't be fixed it that way.

Taping the cable in place doesn't create a solid connection. I'm out of ideas how to secure the cable connection. Thanks!

My guess is that you may have missed the clamp all together when you inserted the wire.

You might try removing the wire push the screw back in the hole (use a different screw driver). Screw the screw back in a few turns and try inserting the wire again. You may have put the wire in behind the bottom of the clamp. That's very easy to do.

I highly recommend using ferrules on all wire ends that are going into clamps like that. It's well worth the investment and makes the job so much easier, faster, cleaner, better connection and (above all) safer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1