View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 07:14 AM   #26
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Congratulations!

Where there's a will, there's a way

Yes, I went nose-in when I was storing it, so the tracks made sense -- the center track was far more valuable than the wheels, but they all helped. Backing in tracks would need to be removable as others have mentioned.

My awning solution was a total hack -- once it was removed, we just cleaned up all the caulk, put it back on the rails, and then carefully installed to sliding bolt-locks (like on a gate) to hold it in place. Worked ok...until the awning was deployed and a microcell storm blew through without warning, ripped it off the roof. Probably saved me from flipping the TM entirely -- the bolts being the "weak link" in the upward direction meant they simply sheared off. Ended up replacing the awning with a roof-mount and getting small aircraft anchors to tie the awning down when deployed. It's now survived some major storms without any issue. It's still imperfect, but it works.

You may want to figure out something a little different from what I originally did -- it was always an annoyance to get the awning perfectly aligned to get the bolts home. I envisioned some kind of hinges that could be bolted to the existing angle brackets, and then the hinges would attach to the awning and allow it to flip 180 degrees over to the roof.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote