View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
mobie0309

Cool

We have an 03 Pilot with VTM - normally 2WD but changes automatically to 4WD when needed. We had a transmission and power steering cooler installed. We just bought an 06 2720SL and have had it on the road twice. It has been on mostly flat roads in Indiana but some hills. It handles great so far and no problem with pickup or power. We have a Valley Journey brake controller and Reese WD hitch. 65 mph on the interstate is smooth as can be, even when passing or getting passed by trucks. I have seen my normal hwy mileage drop from about 21-22 mpg at that speed to about 15-16 mpg so a lot bigger drop than what TM ads claim (normal rpm on flat highway is about 1500 without TM but running at about 2000 with the TM). You can almost see the gas gauge drop. RPM really goes up when you are going up a slight incline or accelerating. Probably would be a lot better mileage if I went 50-55 mph but would get run over on the interstate.

My take is that the Pilot will be fine for around the midwest but might want something with more power if in the mountains a lot.