View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 07:31 AM   #7
stormpeakco

Default Etrailer prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthayes View Post
Hello everyone,

I have been searching this board all night and am hoping you can point me in the right direction. I recently bought a 2007 2619 that has a swing hitch. I bought a Curt brand WDH from Amazon that was rated at 500lbs tongue weight (model 17345).

After installing the WDH, I found that I could only go 6 links out on each chain otherwise the trunnion bars would hit the bottom of the pins from the swing hitch. This being the case, the bars barely did anything to raise the back on my TV (Toyota Sienna). I could actually raise the levers that hold the chains by hand... there was very little tension on the bars at this 6-link setting. Also, I have the ball tilted as far back as it would go.

I am going to return the WDH to Amazon (-$30 for return shipping), but I am really gun shy on ordering a new one. I see a lot of people successfully using WDHs on this board, but I can't seem to find a part number for one that definitely works with a swing hitch and my Sienna.

Is anyone willing to give me a strong recommendation for my setup? Also, I am looking to stay under $300, if possible.

Thank you!

Kurt
Kurt, (like rickst29 suggested) we have a 2720 QB w/o swing hitch and purchased a 750# RB3.
When you find the length round bar that you need I would highly recommend checking out the Etrailer prices ($214, that includes shipping) and their great helpful videos.
http://etrailer.com/Weight-Distribut...s/PS49581.html

Good luck (FYI-as a reference-Dodge Durango, 2 washers, 2nd from the end chain link).
stormpeakco is offline   Reply With Quote