View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 01:00 AM   #5
BrigCA61

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie
Next month want to go east from Salt Lake City over to Colorado Springs to have our tm worked on at the dealer located there.

There are two (2) highway possibilities I am contemplating; Interstates 70 and 80. Having never gone either one, and pulling a tm with a Liberty 6 cylinder, automatic, open for suggestions of the better of the 2.

I am concerned about high passes; so the one with the less steep grades will be preferable. The Liberty is just not that much of a beast on the higher and steeper roads.

Thanks
Hi Charlie... we too have a Jeep Liberty and are concerned about driving on roads with steep grades and hairpin turns, so we just purchased a Mountain Directory which shows maps and gives detailed information about steep roads, etc... for truck drivers and people towing trailers. I would highly recommend it if you have any concerns about towing your trailer over these kinds of roads. I purchased mine directly through the publisher, but found it was cheaper at CampingWorld: http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...28&prodID=1817. They have an Eastern & Western Directory. It will come in handy for us when we travel to Washington State this Summer so we can select which route is easiest to take before heading out.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who owns a 6-cyl tow vehicle and has traveled into the Sierras in California. I enjoy mountain camping but am not too sure if I need to be wearing Depends when we go or if we're better off avoiding such an adventure altogether. We'll be getting a bigger tow vehicle eventually, but still want to enjoy all we can for the time being. At least the gas mileage is great with a 6-cyl and besides, we plan on unhitching and can take the Jeep 4x4 off road wherever our hearts desire. That's the beauty of being able to tow with a smaller vehicle! But, it sure would be nice to pull a Trailmanor into a nice pine-shaded mountain campsite near a babbling brook!