View Single Post
Old 08-15-2023, 12:14 PM   #5
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Deb -

A couple things you probably already know.

Re the black rubber pads - they are expensive from TM. You can buy a hunk of the same rubber, and cut it to size with a utility knife. See

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=19301

Re tranny flush. There are two versions. One is a simple drain and fill, which doesn't get all the fluid, and may not include a new filter. You want the other, characterized by the phrase "including the torque converter". More expensive, of course ...

Bill
Thanks for the link Bill. That's the info I needed. Happy to cut my own. I temporarily cut a chunk off of one of my rubber stabilizer pads and put it in place of the missing one in the front. A bit thick but it did the job temporarily.

Re the tranny - I plan for a full replacement, including the TC, with new filter. She had a drain & fill a couple of years ago, but not "the full meal deal". After this trip, she's entitled to a spa day! Either at the Toyota dealership or a local transmission shop that I have used before. They are very good and trustworthy. Worked on my old GMC motorhome and did a great job for me.