View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 02:13 PM   #8
Jampcourt

Default New Dealership in Colorado Springs (Denver one no longer TM)

I just picked up my TM from Van City RV in Colorado Springs yesterday, and it was worked on by Victor who used to work for the Car Show in the same city before they closed. It sounds like it was Victor that suggested they pick up the dealership for TM as the one in Denver (on South Broadway) must not have been working out for TM, and they were dropped as a dealer when Van City RV took over. I drove down from Denver, and am glad I did, as knowing Victor was working there gave me a "warm and fuzzy feeling" I did not have at the old place in Denver. I have no garage where I live in Denver, and did not want to do some of the work I needed done outside. I had the top section of the bag seal (just across the roof line) replaced, a full systems check, torsion bar adjustment, and wheel bearings packed. Everything was done to our satisfaction, but it looks like our torsion bars will need to be replaced soon as they were adjusted as far as possible and it is still a bit difficult to open the front shell. Victor said some of the torsion bars around the time ours was built may not have been as well made as others (anyone heard this before), but said the ones the Hutterites are selling now are of better quality. I will probably have them replaced next spring.

Van City RV's address is 1426 Selix Grove, Colorado Springs, CO, 80915. Phone 719-377-6999. Van City RV has three other locations in the U.S., but it looks like the one in Colorado Springs is the only one trading in TMs right now.

Cheers to all, and happy camping!
2014 Ford Explorer with tow package, Tekonsha brake controller, Reese WDH, Renogy 100 W portable solar suitcase, modified for 7 pin plug. (Our battery is up front, under sofa). Modified to fill hot water heater and fresh water tank with unit closed.
Jampcourt is offline   Reply With Quote