View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 10:46 AM   #1
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Default Replace 20# horizontal LP tanks with 30#

I just picked up my 2720SL, and a previous PO ditched the horizontal tanks and ran with 20# verticals that he carried separately. I suspect it was because the frame is a little bent from a previous jack-knife and maybe the 2 horizontals didn't fit properly anymore? MY PO didn't know - he just ran with separate 20# tanks as well.

Anyway... I would like to go back to a horizontal tank. I was thinking about going to a single 30# vs 2 x 20# (waiting to check the cost on a 30#er). Would be less weight than 2x20# on the tongue, and I know that 30# would last me quite a long time. I generally stay with full hook-ups if i can (dogs need the a/c in the summer where I travel - and so do I TBH). 20# would last a fair bit, but if a 30#er would fit in the allotted space, I would go for it. Diameters of both are the same, so clearance wouldn't be an issue for the front slider.

Has anyone ever swapped in a 30# horizontal tank? If the cost isn't a lot more, and it will fit, I'll do a 30# tank. If not, I will likely just stick with a single 20#er - save weight (and $ on the initial outlay). I don't really have space to carry my LP tank separately - on the tongue is it. I'm sure there is a way to mount the tanks on the tongue and then remove them when I get to the site - but I would rather not if I can get away with it.
Deb Mac is offline   Reply With Quote