View Single Post
Old 06-13-2015, 02:49 PM   #4
davlin
TrailManor Master

I'm unqualified to answer your question, because I do not own the TV in question, but here's some general thoughts for any TV:

If your TV has an automatic transmission, it needs to have an auxiliary transmission cooler. This is always part of the manufacturer's "tow package," and sometimes comes on the vehicle even if it doesn't have the tow package. This is NOT the "regular" transmission cooler which is incorporated into the vehicle's radiator, but a separate radiator, usually visible in front of the engine radiator.

Obviously, you will need a 7-pin wiring connector, a Class III or better hitch, and a brake controller.

You need to know what the manufacturer rates your tow capacity at, and as importantly, you need to know what the rated capacity of your hitch is, paying special attention to the tongue weight capacity of the hitch.

And THEN you will need to know what the weight of the trailer is you will be towing. If you haven't been in the RV travel trailer world very much, just know this. Never. Never. Never. use the "dry" weight of a trailer as any kind of guide to anything. As an example, I pull a 3124KS. Trailmanor says it's dry weight, plus "load capacity" is around 4,500 pounds. Those that have them and have weighed them loaded would put that closer to 5,000. And the tongue weight of that trailer is really 600 lbs. (NOT 490), which is over the capacity of my hitch without weight distribution. This phenomena is not unique to TrailManor, to my knowledge most travel trailers tend tow heavier than advertised.

By becoming a member of this forum, you have access to a lot of information specific to your concerns: how much does a 2720 REALLY weigh, and who's pulling what with a Prerunner.

Good luck on your search!

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote