View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 05:18 PM   #8
cochise

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartsafyre View Post
Bob, Bigbit, ng...

Folks, I just heard some crushing news from an outfit that does a lot of installs etc (Trick Trucks) about. I went in to see what they had in the way of WDH/stabilizer controls. They told me that EVEN with the wdh/stablizer that I would be all over the road because the truck is NOT long enough, OR WIDE enough! There was a customer said he was a truck driver and always saw trucks being pushed/pulled all over the road by even the slightest of wind. (That took the wind out of my sails).

I specifically bought my 2011 Toyota Tacoma, with the factory installed tow package, and towing capacity of 6500 pounds because it could tow any of the TM's.

I see that one of you has a Pre-Runner, and someone else has an Enclave, and both tow a 24' Elkmont. My Tacoma's specs put it at about the same length, width, wheelbase.

I believe that you all say it's a breeze to tow with my size vehicle (which you have). Tell me these guys are TOTALLY, and COMPLETELY INSANE!

Maria *struggling to keep my cool here ::sigh::*
Ok Maria…
So you have probably also heard that the holocaust never happened and that we were never on the moon. Do you really believe that? Of course not.

I used to tow my Elkmont 24 with a 2003 Chevy Silverado, with at 6 cyl engine and the tow package. NEVER had a problem. My Silverado was much like your Tacoma. The way the Elkmont 24 is constructed with the axle to the far rear gives it a LOT of stability. Does that mean that you will never have problems with sway in windy weather? NO. But than again a smart RV/travel trailer owner will not venture out on the road when there is a possibility of inclement weather.

I think that you will be just fine. Remember that you will often meet a “very smart” guy that will tell a horror story about towing or something else for that matter.

So if I were you I would just go camping with your new Elkmont 24. Good luck to you.
cochise is offline   Reply With Quote