Thread: Dusty camper
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:24 AM   #10
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

We routinely sweep the back shell after lowering it, and before lowering the front shell. We use a brush with an extension rod. You will get more crud in the trailer if you don't do that.

One thing to consider is that something might be creating a vacuum in your trailer as it's pulled, and that is sucking in the dust. Because the dust has to go up a few feet to lodge in the trailer rather than just between the shells where it will fall out when the shells are opened.

The AC and vents end up on top of the back shell, so it's probably not them. Most of the windows end up against a shell when closed. My main suspect is the vents under the converter and under the 'fridge, as those are still open to the inside of the trailer when the shells are closed. I seem to have less dust since I installed a compressor fridge and sealed all around the sides and bottom of the 'fridge. There is a big opening under the gas 'fridge that admits cold air and rodents which chew out the plastic mesh in the 'fridge vent.