View Single Post
Old 10-25-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Second the bit about the tires is very important. While with a WDH some of the weight is transferred to the front axle of the TV, the bulk of the transfer is onto the trailer axle. If the tires are already near the limit, wellll. Tires are probably more important on the TM than on others particularly with the choice to go with a single axle. With a tandem trailer, loss of a tire is annoying, with a single axle it is more than that.

In my case I am not concerned about the tongue weight, it is inside my safe towing weigh, rather the change in attitude, about an inch drop at the hitch. I have not noticed anything but it will change the headlamp positioning.

So I have purchased a pair of air lifts designed to compensate by fitting inside the rear coil springs & raising the rear end back to the stock position. This does not change the load on any axle, just the TV attitude.

They also give some information about using with a WDH including the fact that a WDH should never exceed the rated tongue weight of the TV.