View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #34
Brutus

Update from Chance:

Don't know if we'll see him on here anymore. He and I were chatting in an Audi forum about Q5s and TMs there as well. He ended up going with a Porsche Cayenne and its 7716# tow rating. Obviously opens up a lot more RVs for him to think about.

I in fact ordered a Q5 TDI to replace my Frontier. For safety's sake, I'm already working to lighten the tongue weight and overall weight of our 2720. Moved the batteries to the rear cargo area when we bought it. Have now removed the two 6-volt golf cart batteries and replaced with a good 'ol Group 24 12V. Next up is removing both my LP gas tanks (mostly dead weight for us) and just bringing a 1 gal / 5-pounder that my Dad bought from Camping World and never used. Can always bring the 20s along if it's cold and we can't use our electric heater. I removed the range/never-used oven combo a couple years ago and capped the gas line. Stuck a microwave in the lower area, board on top, and use my Dad's 1965 Coleman fueled green camp stove. Next up is a trip to our friendly neighborhood scale. Shouldn't be any issues, but if there are, I'll be removing my barely-used awning. Ok....enough rambling on Chance's thread....