View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by davlin View Post
That could indeed be an issue, MisterP, especially since those shells change positions depending upon how level (side to side)the TM is when putting them up and down. RV, maybe you could post some pics? Another similar approach is to use a T-nut on the backside of the wall. You can buy them at any hardware store. Either way, this fix requires you to have something solid between the two walls, or you run the risk of transferring all the stress to the inner wall and distorting/tearing that. I'm guessing RV had solid wood in between. In my case, there was absolutely nothing solid, so I had to use a different approach.

Dave
2002, the wood screws that came out/ pulled out were rusty, so the integrity was poor. The latch hook had been loose for sometime, so water had intruded inside to the screw threads. I don't know if it has wood there or not. When I drilled through, there was not much resistance and when the drill bit came out the inside wall, there was no wood particles on the bit.

Here is a photo from the inside. You can see the bag seal is much wider and there seems to be quite a bit of space between the thread end and the bag. I reached under the roof while it was down and it would take a severe lopsided tilt to side to side to be an issue while raising or lowering. I can still cut off an inch of the thread end if necessary.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote