View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #7
Al-n-Sue

Dave - a couple of things are leading me this way - but not a done deal by any means.
1. Discount Tire carries them and I've had good luck with them on my vehicle tires and they have good service. They only carry Carlisle for trailers and I get them in a 8 or 10 ply. Which seems to be pretty sturdy.
2. In a conversation with my dealer a few weeks ago, he allowed that he had heard that Carlisles were holding up much better, but had no real experience with them.
3. I called two other major tire stores in Colorado Springs and they only carried Nanking and Commodore - neither of which I've heard anything about - and given the price (~$80) I suspected they were inferior.
Camping World carries Marathons but looks like they want about $130 for them - the Carlisles are $95. Plus it is a long drive to CW.

I'm still researching which is why I posted the comment - hoping to get someone with actual experience. Or a dealer with some factual reviews (wmtire are you there?) I still need to check Sams Club and maybe some independent dealers.

I'll keep the forum informed of my decision and experience.