Thread: Diesel vs Gas
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 07:45 AM   #48
davlin
TrailManor Master

Good discussion. I'm still about a year away from upgrading the TV, but when I shop, I always like to have as much input as possible. And believe me, I do understand the "I like diesel" thing. My son has a Ram 2500 with a Cummins diesel. He gets about 13-14 mpg driving it around empty (because he's in the turbo all the time), and it costs him EXACTLY one billion dollars every time he fills up. And he loves his truck, and wouldn't have anything else.

I'm far less emotional about my selection. I'm not sold on a particular brand (I currently use a 2004 F150 with 5.4L for my TV), or gas/diesel. All that will come from shopping.

Ford's EcoBoost engine has been a success for them in the F150, and several members of this forum have spoken well of them. One thing I consistently hear about them is that while they are excellent tow vehicles, mpg suffers dramatically as you increase the use of the "Boost" part of "EcoBoost." Since I only tow about 2-3K miles per year, this may not be as big a consideration as it would be for those that tow more.

Dave
davlin is offline   Reply With Quote