View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 03:20 PM   #15
grubbyjeans

Default Good news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmayville View Post
And correct you are!! I dismantled the vent system inside the unit and took out the 4 bolts holding the inside vent mount. Went up on top and propped the front half of A/C with a 1x2 to check the seal. Low and behold on the curb side corner this is a 1/16 gap between the front seal and the side seal of the unit. Something making me crazy for our whole vacation only to find out the the manufacturer did not put the seal on correctly and the place that installed the unit did not catch the gap in the seal.

Onward and upward, it now sits propped up in the front until the seal dries and I will fill the gap with flex silicone before putting it back together.

Tired of taking it back to the shop for repeated missed items that were messed up during the process of fixing my unit.

Lesson learned.
Glad I could offer some useful info.

Remember, a good continuous seal will hold in any moisture that gets into the area between the seal and the formed dam at the opening. Hopefully, repairing the seal will prevent storm water from entering that area.

You'll only need to be concerned about condensation that might enter the area. I'd suggest that once you have the a/c repositioned, and before you re-insert the mounting bolts, inject a good silicon sealer into the bolt holes. When you screw them in to the nuts you will have created a good seal around each of them that should prevent any moisture from traveling down them to the inside.

Carry on!

[SIGPIC]http://www.trailmanorowners.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8372&dateline=1403045 022[/SIGPIC]
2010 Sport Trac -> 2009 2720SL
Travel accessories: Dobro style resonator guitar, Mandolin, Guitar

Albums
grubbyjeans is offline   Reply With Quote