View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 10:15 AM   #14
mmayville

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubbyjeans View Post
How recently was the Atwood installed? Is it a replacement unit?
The reason I ask is that when I installed my Atwood I discovered that the holes for the mounting bolts are outside the lip that is formed at the top of the opening. That lip serves as a dam for blocking the water from the a/c.

Holes for the mount must be drilled outside that dam. If there is any leak from the pan, around those screws, the water will run down them to the inside.

The seal sits outside the dam and will hold back any moisture that drains outside of it, but if there is a passage through the pan inside the seal, there is no other place for it to go.

Check my photos for my install.
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...0&postcount=16
And correct you are!! I dismantled the vent system inside the unit and took out the 4 bolts holding the inside vent mount. Went up on top and propped the front half of A/C with a 1x2 to check the seal. Low and behold on the curb side corner this is a 1/16 gap between the front seal and the side seal of the unit. Something making me crazy for our whole vacation only to find out the the manufacturer did not put the seal on correctly and the place that installed the unit did not catch the gap in the seal.

Onward and upward, it now sits propped up in the front until the seal dries and I will fill the gap with flex silicone before putting it back together.

Tired of taking it back to the shop for repeated missed items that were messed up during the process of fixing my unit.

Lesson learned.

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote